A risk assessment is required to determine the threats and vulnerabilities to your protected health information. We use a proven method to review, document your risks, and to develop a detailed HIPAA Privacy & Security Risk
Assessment and Mitigation Plan which we can assist you in your mitigation efforts. Not having a risk assessment is “Willful Neglect” of the HIPAA and Omnibus Rules, and places your practice at great risk for HIPAA violations, fines and the loss of trust between your practice and your patients. CareVitality has spent years developing a cost effective, complete process to help your practice complete this compliance requirement.
Satisfy “Meaningful Core Objective Requirement for Attestation” – Protect electronic health information (Conduct or review a security risk assessment of the certified EHR technology) – don’t put those incentive payments at risk!
We Perform a Comprehensive HIPAA Privacy/Security Risk Assessment & Mitigation Plan
- Identify areas of non-compliance with HIPAA and other Rules/Regulations
- Identification of vulnerabilities that may lead to loss of confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Gather data on administration, physical and technical standards outlined by The Security Rule
- Identify and document potential threats and vulnerabilities and giving recommendations to mitigate the risk
- Assess current security measures
- Determine the likelihood of threat occurrence
- Determine the potential impact of threat occurrence
- Determine the level of risk
- Create a mitigation plan to assure you are taking proper precautions on your findings
- Assure you are meeting HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements and ARRA/HITECH provisions