In case you are not aware 1 our of 4 providers will be receiving a MIPS audit.
The Security Risk Analysis is a part of MIPS as it was for Meaningful Use. When the CMS auditors (ie Figliozzi) would audit on this measure 50% of providers would fail. If a provider in a practice fails on this measure, the auditors audit the whole practice since they know all providers will fail since the Security Risk Analysis documentation is for all the providers in the practice.
Are you confident what you are doing will pass a Medicare audit? If not, we can help. We have been involved with Medicare audits and appeals for the last 10 years with our clients that we even offer “Mock” Audits for our clients prior to attestation.
All of our clients who have been randomly audited under this measure for Meaningful Use have passed.
Let CareVitality help you satisfy MIPS and/ or Meaningful Use Objectives for Attestation – Protect electronic health information – don’t put your Medicare Payment at Risk of a Decrement!
We Perform a Comprehensive HIPAA Privacy/Security Risk Assessment & Mitigation Plan
- Identify areas of non-compliance with HIPAA and other Rules/Regulations
- Identification of vulnerabilities that may lead to loss of confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Gather data on administration, physical and technical standards outlined by The Security Rule
- Identify and document potential threats and vulnerabilities and giving recommendations to mitigate the risk
- Assess current security measures
- Determine the likelihood of threat occurrence
- Determine the potential impact of threat occurrence
- Determine the level of risk
- Create a mitigation plan to assure you are taking proper precautions on your findings
- Assure you are meeting HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements and ARRA/HITECH provisions